If you are not satisfied with your purchase of fine wine from us, or we have made an error with your order, please email us immediately at email@example.com
explaining the reasons for your dissatisfaction. Each situation will be reviewed on an individual basis in light of facts and circumstances of that case and resolved promptly.
Other than for EC Cellars errors, we generally cannot accept a return after 7 days past the day of delivery because the passage of time generally limits our ability to recover credit from our supplier and we have no way of verifying your storage conditions.
Note that we may ask you to return questionable bottles (including both opened and unopened ones) to us for evaluation and for possible return to our supplier.
Set forth below are examples of both valid and invalid reasons for returning wine, which are subject to EC Cellars' investigation, review and final evaluation of the relevant facts and circumstances regarding a particular request for return.
VALID REASONS FOR RETURNS:
- A shipper error occured. (We will file a claim against the shipper)
- The wrong wine was sent. (e.g. different vintage than ordered)
- The bottle condition upon arrival was not consistent with our inspection guidelines.
- The wine is corked or flawed. The winery, not EC Cellars, is the source of this problem but we understand it can be disappointing.
- The wine is leaking upon arrival, spoiled or "cooked" and was shipped in accordance with our shipping policy. (We do not guarantee condition if you chose to override our shipping policy)
- Important Note: Photos of damaged or leaking bottles, or the bottle itself are required to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of arrival in order to qualify for a 100% return.
INVALID REASONS FOR RETURNS:
- You decide you don't want the wine.
- You don't like the wine.
- You received a gift from someone via EC Cellars and want to exchange it.
- You overbought and want to return excess wine.
- The wine is showing signs of damage after leaving our possession for reasons including adverse weather conditions during shipment (where you have overridden our shipping policy or for any international shipment), delays caused by failed delivery attempts through no fault of the shipper, improper storage, or other forms of mistreatment.